No matter the context, a process should always operate at its most efficient level. This has a direct impact on the productivity of those who need to use or benefit from that process. Business Process Optimization (BPO) provides you with the tools you need for this.
As processes are digitized in industry, production operations can be optimized by having real-time information: only what can be measured can be improved.
In this sense, integrating a variety of proven optimization techniques with the potential offered by data analysis and integration becomes a new and more advanced way to implement an optimization program.
Understanding Business Process Optimization
For several years now, companies have been analyzing and restructuring entire production processes in order to optimize them. What used to be called Process Re-Engineering was then strongly stimulated with the arrival of information technology. In addition, the increased competition resulting from globalization has also motivated integration.
Therefore, a company’s capacity to consistently achieve a better performance now translates into a clear competitive advantage.
Phases for the implementation of the Business Process Optimization
Planning plays an essential role in any type of optimization action that needs to be carried out. In this sense, from the classical perspective for business management, we emphasize the following phases of work.
- Identify: Select and delineate the boundaries of the process to be optimized. Clearly determine the goals to be achieved and the KPIs that will then be used to measure the process.
- Analyze: Measure process performance against the targets, identifying possible areas for improvement.
- Implement: Once opportunities for improvement have been identified, the new parameters and technologies are applied to optimize the final output.
- Monitoring: Once the initial changes have been implemented, it’s important to continuously monitor the KPIs. This allows you to adjust the process and “fine-tune” its optimization.
Overall, this is a cyclical exercise that can and should be reviewed based on the chosen monitoring parameters, that will reflect changes in the context and the outcome of the process.
Integration with Information Technology
The work done during the BPO can also be represented from the perspective of data analysis. An analysis that includes the contribution of information technologies. In this way, the key role played by both the data and the technologies that make their processing possible can be visualized more clearly.
- Data Integration: Within an organization, there is a multiplicity of processes that will, in turn, generate an even greater multiplicity of data. It is essential to be able to select and integrate as much of the data that might be relevant as possible.
- Data Analysis: Analysis work should be performed through the application of several models. Among others, these alternatives can include, for example, the implementation of basic statistical tools or data mining instrumentation. These tools can uncover unexpected trends.
- Implementation of new solutions: based on the results obtained from the inefficiencies found in each process.
Benefits of Business Process Optimization
BPO offers several benefits that allow a company to better keep its position in the market while adapting to constant changes in customer expectations, new technology trends, and increased competition.
Using a wide range of technology tools, BPO provides greater visibility into processes with the aim of ensuring control. It also improves understanding of the process. As a result, detected deviations can be more easily corrected, reducing potential negative effects.
Find out what we do and ask for more information
moltosenso provides a consulting service focused on process optimization and digital transformation through the application of ICT solutions.
Our solutions include the design and development of customized data analytics and business intelligence systems allowing the creation of monitoring dashboards designed for different levels of users.
Contact us to learn more or to simply get more information.
A member of our team will answer you as soon as possible.